Pine Shavings For Horse & Animal Bedding
Premium Pine – Clean & Absorbent – Chemical Free
Premium Quality Bagged Wood Bedding for Animals
Strathcona Ventures goal is to earn your trust and buying loyalty for our quality bagged wood bedding by ensuring each bag of pine shavings exceeds industry standards and your expectations. Our shavings are made from 100% softwood and are dust-screened to remove unwanted dust which can compromise respiration in both livestock and human handlers. Our shavings are kiln-dried and sent through multiple screeners to maximize absorption in stalls, coops or trailers, and ensure unwanted pieces of wood are removed. There are no recycled or scrap material used in our shavings. The shavings you purchase will be dry, absorbent and clean, and a product we are proud of when we deliver to your facility. Good barn health begins with clean, dry bedding.
- 100% Premium quality Pine – No recycled or scrap materials are used in manufacturing.
- Soft flake bedding – NO chips or splinters.
- Dust Free – is Kiln-dried twice, 100% dust vacuumed and essentially dust-free.
- A thinner flake, optimizing sifting while cleaning, maximizing efficiency.
- Fluffier and more absorbent compared to non-molded flake.
- Has terpenes present that are Mother Nature’s ‘naturally found’ anti-microbial to help control insect production.
- Absorbs ammonia and nitrogen from barn waste faster and more effectively than other species of wood shavings.
- Easier to compress making it possible for our 3 cubic foot bag to expand to 11 cubic feet.
Why Use Pine Shavings?
- Pine reduces Ammonia in your barn, no more smell.
- Thinner flakes last longer and absorb more waste – shavings are easily sifted leaving the good material.
- Packaging maximizes efficiency – grab 4 bags at a time instead of wheel-barrowing from the dusty bulk pile over into your barn.
- No more shavings shelters or tarps needed, store outside in the elements with confidence.
- Ability to accurately calculate your bedding amounts and costs for the year, no longer guessing how much material was in bulk.
- Labour is drastically reduced due to increasing efficiency when cleaning, reducing dust clean up, and time when bedding.